Last updated: May 2021
EXPLR Media PBC ("Us", "We", or "Our") operates the Websites (hereinafter referred to as the "Service"). This page informs you of Our policies regarding the collection, Use and disclosure of personal data when you use Our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Account means a unique account created for you to access Our Service or parts of Our Service.
Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to EXPLR PBC Inc, Brooklyn, NY 11217. For the purpose of the GDPR, the Company is the Data Controller.
Service is the Website operated by EXPLR PBC Inc.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in Our possession or likely to come into Our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the Use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Processors (or Service Providers). Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or user). Data Subject is any living individual who is using Our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve Our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected. Personal Data While Using Our Service, We may ask you to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, Cookies and Usage Data.
Usage Data. We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Examples of Cookies We may Use:
- Session Cookies. We may use Session Cookies to operate Our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We may Use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We may use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
EXPLR PBC Inc uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain Our Service
- To notify you about changes to Our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of Our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that We can improve Our Service
- To monitor the usage of Our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
EXPLR PBC Inc may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given Us permission to do so
- The processing is in Our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
EXPLR PBC Inc will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to Us, please note that We transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Legal Requirements. EXPLR PBC Inc may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of EXPLR PBC Inc
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Data. The security of your data is important to Us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to Use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on "Do Not Track" Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your Web browser to inform Websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your Web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. EXPLR PBC Inc. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data We hold about you and if you want it to be removed from Our systems, please contact Us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information We have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to Our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that We restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information We have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where EXPLR PBC Inc, Ltd relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that We may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Links to Other Websites
EXPLR has no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Children’s and Young People’s Information
Our Service is designed to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and associated Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) rules for collecting personal information of/from minors. Under COPPA, We are an “operator” and as such subject to certain obligations under COPPA with regard to personal information pertaining to children under the age of 13. We endeavor to not collect, use, or disclose the personal information of a child under the age of 13 without the verified consent of their parent.
Upon subscribing to the Service, We will verify the parent’s or guardian’s consent by collecting their full credit card information and billing them for the requested monetary transactions. If, however, no transaction is requested, We may still collect the parent’s or guardian’s credit card information for the purposes of obtaining verified consent and will verify consent by charging the card a nominal non-refundable fee.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, We shall not retain the personal information of any child under the age of 13 longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfill the services requested, to allow the child to participate in the Service, to ensure the security of Our Users and Our Service, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
A parent may review, edit, object to additional processing, or request the deletion of their child’s personal information by emailing Us at email@example.com. To protect the child’s privacy and security, We shall take reasonable steps to verify the identity of the parent before giving them access to such personal information. We shall also delete a child’s personal information in the event that We find it is collected, used, or disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent of COPPA’s requirements, or immediately seek the parent’s consent for the same. If you believe that your child under 13 has gained access to Our Site without your permission or wish to review the personal information collected by Us from your child or to request the deletion of such personal information, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the FTC's Website (www.ftc.gov) for more information on COPPA.